21 June, 2008

Windy City Showdown??

I thought the Cubs and White Sox were supposed to play this weekend. I've yet to see another MLB team on the field other than the Cubs thus far...

So the Cubs have taken the first 2 games against the cross-town White Sox this weekend. Let's recap...

Game 1: First, the game was on WGN TV, great. But it was broadcast through the White Sox so I had to torture myself listening to "Hawk" Harelson and Daren Jackson...THE worst television announcers in all of sports. Their 2 "catch phrases" if you want to call them that; "you can put it on the board...yes!" (homerun call) and "he gone!" everytime a player from the opposing team strikes out. It's like they hopped on a short bus destined for a special learning center and asked the kid with the helmet on what he thought they should say on air over national television. I'd rather slide down a razor blade slide into a pool of fresh lemon juice than listen to those two attempt to talk baseball. Which is exactly what I did. I then sat in the pool and watched the game on mute. I did catch one thing they said before I muted the TV. I believe after the White Sox's 2nd homerun of the day Hawk Harelson said, "if you want to slug with us good luck!" Well the Cubs did just that, in particular Aramis Ramirez. He went ahead and "slugged" 2 homeruns the 2nd of which came tied 3-3 in the bottom of the 9th...Cubs Win! Put that on the board bitches! They gone!

Game 2: Well we got to revisit Hawk Harelson's quote about getting into a slugfest with the almighty White Sox. The Cubs calmly scored 9 runs in the 4th inning hitting 4 homeruns including back to back shots by Jim Edmonds and Mike Fontenot (or is it Fonteyes?). Ramirez went ahead and hit another 3 run shot and then Edmonds came up in the same inning and hit another homerun joining Mark Bellhorn (on my alltime fav Cubs list) and Sammy Sosa as the only Cubs in history to hit 2 HR's in one inning. The Sox never presented a challenge after that and Cubs win 11-7. You can put that on the board again bitches!! They gone...again!!

On another note....I don't mean to talk so negatively about the White Sox and their announcers, it's strictly for entertainment purposes onl.....who am I kidding? I can't stand them!! They suck, their park is horrible and their announcers are worse than that! And I won't even start about their fans! Go Cubs!!

I'm gone!!

BYE!!!!

No comments: