09 June, 2008

I'll Have the Usual...

...This is something Bears running back, or should I say FORMER running back, Cedric Benson must say just a little too often. You see Cedric was cited just over a month ago for operating a boat while intoxicated in Austin, TX. Ok, I can see why a former Texas star would go back to his alma mater to have a good time one weekend during the offseason. Fine. I go back to my alma mater at least once a year and have a great time and I'm not even a professional athlete nor do I own a boat. But, Cedric Benson decided to have another fun weekend in Austin. And again he had too many drinks and decided to operate a vehicle while intoxicated. This time his car. And again he got caught. C'mon dude....You'd think that when you have millions of dollars on the line you would have a sober driver, take a cab, hire a driver or DON'T GO OUT IN AUSTIN!! You're popular enough in that city you could probably just have everyone come to your house...just an idea. Needless to say the Bears cut their losses and waived Benson today. That sure makes getting rid of Thomas Jones 2 yrs ago seem like a brilliant idea! But that's a whole other topic. . . Sure makes you long for the days of Neal Anderson...
On another note...Celtics up 2-0 on the mighty Lakers; Living in L.A. I'm lovin' every minute of it! I believe in a past blog I said the Celtics in 6...we'll see. Also, I tried a Hungry Man meal (TV dinner) tonight for the first time ever; It was surprisingly fantastic! BYE!!

No comments: