16 June, 2008

What a Weekend!!

So I just finished watching the U.S. Open golf tournament...on Monday! What a spectacular tournament it was. It just may have been the best golf tournament I've ever watched, except for the Junior PGA Tour Peru Invitational in 1993 in which I won by 2 strokes in the 13-14 age group! The tournament started on Thursday with a group of Tiger Woods, Phil Mickelson and Adam Scott the #'s 1,2 & 3 players in the world! We got to see these guys play together for 2 rounds. Awesome! Then you had Tiger being Tiger. The guy hasn't played for 2 months after having a 3rd surgery on his left knee. So he promptly comes out and makes shot after shot on Saturday and Sunday to keep himself at the top of the leaderboard. Speaking of the leaderboard, you had guys up there from Westwood to Olgilvy to Mediate to Woods, it was unbelievable and nobody was ever more than 3 under! A perfect tournament. And to put icing on the cake you had Rocco Mediate, 168th in the world rankings and needed to win a qualifying tournament just to play in the Open leading after 71 holes! Of course Tiger calmly sinks his put on the 72nd hole to force an 18 hole playoff. Then after 90 holes of golf these two guys were still tied...so on to sudden death. Of course Tiger wasn't going to get beat in sudden death, he never does. But it took 91 holes of unbelievable golf from these 2 to decide it. Super! And hats off to Rock (as Tiger calls him) for his attitude toward the entire weekend. He was so happy to be there and be in the position he was you couldn't help but root for the guy. Just a great weekend in San Diego.

On another note...Giant hats off to all the fathers. I know I am who I am today all because of my parents and especially my Dad. He taught me everything from how to throw a curveball to how to handle the ones life throws at me; and believe me it seems like every pitch right now! So here's to you Dad for always being there with support and words of advice and most of all making me proud to be your son. . . Thanks.

Bye!!!

1 comment:

James Khan said...

What you said about William P. Shuey esquire the 3rd is truly touching sir. I will just have you know that I respect your dad greatly as well.....even though he never mentioned anything about these curve ball things. Great reporting is heartfelt.....I am glad to subscribe to the Holy Cow! Blog.