02 June, 2008

T-Bone!!

1) Is there anything better than RC Cola?

2) Is there anything better than Salt Water Taffy?

I'm sitting here watching the Stanley Cup Finals game 5 between the Red Wings and Penguins. I'll admit, it's the first hockey game I've watched all year (although I am flipping between it and the '08 Motor City Bowl replay on Big Ten Network) and it's quite exciting. I'm pleasantly surprised. The goaltending in this game is amazing and it's in the 2nd overtime (I'll give an update if it ends during this blog). I'm hoping it gets to go to a shootout. Come to think of it do they even shoot it out in the playoffs? Shows just how much I know...Regardless, I think that's one of the most exciting moments in sports.
You know what else is exciting? Watching the Cubs win...and they've done it 7 straight times and are leading 6-3 in the 6th right now in San Diego.
Speaking of the Cubs, Sammy Sosa recently said he is going to officially retire after the World Baseball Classic. Good for him. I was a huge Sosa fan during his time in Chicago. I think I started the "sosa-o-meter" in 1998. I think he got a bum rap though toward the end of his career. Sure he left the last game of the year in the 1st inning in his last game with the Cubs. Sure he used a corked bat against the Tampa Bay Devil Rays. Sure he played salsa music in the clubhouse. But you know what? He also, along with Mark McGwire, brought baseball back to America's televisions in '98 and was as exciting to watch as anyone in my generation. He also has NEVER been in any book, report, memorandum, etc. about steroids. Every other player the general public suspected of doing anything performance enhancing has had their names show up somewhere...Not once have you seen Sosa's name anywhere. . . just a thought.
On another note...Today I tried a new flavor of Nutri-grain cereal bars, Raspberry. And I now have a new #1 flavor of Nutri-grain. Tomorrow I'm thinking of getting a lil crazy and try the mixed berry...Also, I nearly got T-boned at the intersection of Hollywood Blvd and Highland next to the Kodak Theatre in Hollywood...So this week I will be known as "T-Bone!!"
UPDATE: Cubs up 7-3 in the 8th and a 3rd overtime in Detroit!

Answers...1) No 2) No

Bye!!

3 comments:

bohica said...

hey Pete, playoff hockey is sudden death until someone scores. that is the beauty of it. I have never seen a game more intense than that one in all of my years. The Pens' season hinged on every shift. It was nuts.

keep up the funny.

Matt

Julie said...

What up T-bone! Cream Soda is WAY better than R.C. Cola, Sports, Sports, Blah, Blah, Blah, Sports, You should try cinnamon apple oatmeal bars. Glad you're still alive!!

James Khan said...

1.) I guess its alright if your into sodas that use seemingly random pairings of constanants for a name. What does "RC" stand for, unless it is "Really Cool" I am not sure I can stand behind it.

2.) Am I the only person in the world who remembers "Star Crunch"?!?!? If there was anything ever that screamed out yummy deliciousness it had to be those rice, caramel, and chocolate shookies........what is the world coming to?