04 June, 2008

Sex and the City

So "Sex and the City" the movie came out this past weekend...Oh my gosh! I can't believe it! It's to die for! Sooo fantastic! These are just a few of the phrases that I heard non-stop on Friday and Monday morning on all the morning shows on the television. Well, I for one cannot and will not ever be able to write a review on it. I will never see this thing. I'm boycotting it just like I did "Titantic." The ONLY way it is ok for a straight man to see this movie is if he is in a new relationship and trying to impress his lady friend. Under no circumstances should an avg Joe who is in a committed relationship go and see this. It's that simple. It is ok for you to go with your wife/girlfriend to the theatre so long as you just mosey on over to a different movie. This brings me to my next point...
I guess since this "movie" came out someone did a study that concluded females today would be more likely to flirt with a guy driving a Toyota Prius than some kind of sportscar or SUV...I guess because that means they're not "green." The study actually said that 9/10 beautiful, delicious ladies would do this! Are you kidding me?!? Who conducted this survey? My guess is it was 18-24 yr old girls from southern California...or hippies. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a guy who tries to impress with cars or other material things; I think my beard is impressive enough! Only kidding....seriously though, I have real life proof that this is not the case...
It was late '02 or early '03 and I was living in Newport Beach. My roommate (we'll call him "David") and some friends of ours were having some cocktails at Dennis Rodman's bar in Newport Beach, "Josh Slocums." We're inside having a good 'ol time when I see this nice lady that I met a few months before. We had talked a couple times but nothing ever materialized. Anyway, so I see her in the bar and we're just hanging out having a good time; I'm doin the robot and she's lovin' it. We even busted out the electric slide! So it gets to be time to leave and we're outside waiting on my buddy (we'll call him "Ward") to pull my car around why I was trying to convince her to come back to our place to watch "Dumb and Dumber." She decided it was in her best interest to say yes and "Ward" came around with the car. I remember the words like it was yesterday..."A Taurus? You drive a f*&$#ng Taurus!!?? Uh, no thanks..." Now I know a Taurus isn't a Prius and we weren't concerned with going green back then but you get the point. It was even the LX edition with my portable CD player running through the cassette deck! How could anyone say No to that? So I did what any normal guy would do at 2AM..."Ward" I'll see you guys back home"...and we hopped in a cab. Then I traded in my Taurus a month later. Point being; Chicks don't look at guys or flirt with them or go home with them if they are driving a lame-o car.

On another note...I'm at the gym today and was fortunate to see not 1, but 2 men wearing spandex shorts. Awesome!
Oh, and I tried that new southern chicken sandwich from McDonald's...fantastic! Still need to get the breakfast one down...
Is it ok for a man to use body wash? I know they make them for men nowadays but it seems if you use it you also have to use a loufa (sp?). I'm not sure I'm comfortable using one of those. Opinions please!
I think that's it for today...Cubs and Padres tied at 1 in the 6th, going for 10 straight. They're headed up this was tomorrow!
And congrats to the Detroit Red Wings on winning the Stanley Cup. Hey Pittsburgh, it's almost football season...
Bye!!

No comments: