17 June, 2008

Boston Three Party

As in "Big 3" that is. What an exclamation point to put on the end of the NBA season. Has there ever been a more dominating performance in an NBA finals game? I mean besides Jordan's Bulls in '98 against the Jazz, but c'mon it was Michael...Total destruction to a Laker team that everyone thought would take this series. I love offense as much as anyone but this series proves that defense does in fact win championships. I wasn't able to watch the first half but when I finally turned it on with about 8 minutes left in the 3rd I was shocked to see the Celtics up by 30!! An unbelievable performance from Boston. And here's to Ray Allen, Paul Pierce and KG. These 3 superstars put aside all their egos and just played some ball. All season long you never heard any of them complain about not getting shots or this or that. It's refreshing to see three players of their caliber do that for the good of the team and their city. Congrats Boston. I'm not gonna say I told ya so, but... "I told ya so; Boston in 6!"

I mentioned how unselfish the "big 3" from Boston were all season. That's what championship teams do, they stick up for one another and root each other on. They leave their superstar egos at the door, strap it up and get at it. I seemed to notice a certain #24 tonight all but pack it in when it was obvious the game was out of reach. You can at least act like you're trying. He looked completely uninterested in being on the floor, and I can't say I blame him as it was quite embarrasing, but when you're the leader of your team and trying to be compared to Michael you need to step your game up and show some balls. I don't care if you're winning or losing by 30. He was acting like he didn't even want the ball. It's like in his mind he was saying, "I don't even have the ball this can't be MY fault!" I can't wait to see what he says this summer!

On another note...
*To Michelle Tafoya; when Kevin Garnett cannot talk or make sense AT ALL, please just ask him one question and move on! It was painful listening to that interview after the game. He was mumbling something then kept pulling his hat over his nose and then cried like a baby and then actually composed himself to say something. Please, in the future, just end it and move on to someone who can speak!

*Is it just me or has the Wendy's spicy chicken sandwich gotten smaller? I haven't had one in maybe a year or 2 but the one I had today sure seemed about 1/3 of the size as they used to.

*I'd just like to say that if anyone is looking for Ray Allen's son, I have him.

*Finally, I'm happy for the Celtics and all, especially doing what they did against the Lakers (ya think we'll see any more of those damn car window flag things?) but enough is enough already for the Boston/New England area...The Red Sox, Patriots and now the Celtics. All I ask is ONE championship for Chicago. For Pete's sake it's been 100 years for the Cubs and 23 years for the Bears. I'm asking you, Boston, if I sleep with you can please chill out for a few years? Thanks!

Bye!!

No comments: