29 May, 2008

The Price is NOT Right!

When is it ever going to end?
$4.38 for a gallon of gasoline...In other words $83.22 to fill up my truck...which is fine if you don't live in LA and have to drive everywhere, or you are a zillionaire! Or if you are Joe Exxon, Bobby Mobil, Evan Chevron, Theo Shell, Joseph Seventysix or Andre Texaco. I mean where is it going to end? I thought it came to plateau when it hit $4.18 a week ago just before Memorial Day. This happens every year when Gas stations and companies raise prices before typical driving holidays. So I figured $4.18 just before Memorial Day, a $.17 hike from 2 days prior, would be the high point. Not so fast my friend! Just a day after Memorial Day it rose to $4.28 and by the end of that day was at $4.38...which is where we stand right now, at least until around 4pm when they usually change the prices. I'm not sure how much longer we can put up with this. We HAVE to drive...there's only so many home based businesses that I can try! By the way after you read this you should click on the ads on the right side of this page....anyway, not sure what my point is except that soon we will be paying upwards of $6 for 1 gal of freakin gas! I can get a 12 pack of Pabst Blue Ribbon for $5.99 right now at Ralphs. They should just come out with an engine that runs on beer? HMMM.....
Anyway, it's a slow news day so far so hopefully I'll have better material later...
On another note...I'm gonna go work in the garden and maybe even wash my truck. Maybe I'll even do laundry. I can tell you one thing, I'm not gonna drive anywhere! They didn't get that blue ribbon for nothin'!! Cubs 6 Rockies 3
Bye!!!

1 comment:

James Khan said...

Well buddy, I have to say I love the Blog.....I also have to say that if it were 1998 and we were walking to McDonald's to get a scrumptious Sausage, egg, and cheese bisquit you would punch yourself in the balls for writing a blog everyday. Just a thought. That being said, it's always good to get a little Shete Puey action, keep up the good work. Maybe someone else will post a comment too! PS. I donated to the Save the Ozarks fund, so I better see your a*& there!