18 May, 2008

Is there any way that the IRL and Tony George can get Big Brown to enter the Indy 500? I mean what is with this horse? He's like out of some freak show at the local circus. The first two legs of the Triple Crown he's won by an avg of 5 1/2 links! This is a man among boys out there. It's like he's racing a bunch of mini horses. I bet that if they let him race next weekend against the likes of Helio, Danica & the rest of them he would finish in the top 10. Just a thought...

On another note, anyone who thinks that NASCAR is more fun to watch than IndyCar is just plain stupid. There's no other way to put it. First off Indy cars go 80-100 mph faster...that's the obvious reason. And they do it in open wheel cars with no roof or steel cage protecting them if they happen to flip or roll. One little tap from another car sends 'em into the wall. It takes much more skill to negotiate through the pack when you don't have bumpers and fenders. I should know, I've raced Indy before and it was super hard! Second, anyone who watched the last day of qualifying today had to be on the edge of their seat. You had 3 guys going for one spot with $320,000 at stake...and they had to run 4 laps all before the gun went off at 6pm. That's pressure my friends. NASCAR qualifies everyone on one day like 2 or 3 days before each race...no drama, no pressure. Pretty lame if you ask me...Now maybe I'm being a "homer" because I'm from Indiana but I'll bet if any NASCAR fan would take a break from cuttin' the sleeves off their flannels, datin' their cousins and get the cigarette smoke outta their eyes and watch IndyCar on their tv that sits on top of the broken tv, they, too would agree that it's pretty good racin'!!

I'm off to watch a new episode of "Ax Men"...Watch the deer! Bye!

No comments: