22 May, 2008

Playoffs? You wanna talk about Playoffs!?

Did anyone really give the Spurs a chance last night? Didn't think so, but to be up 20 in the 3rd qtr and only lose by 4 says something. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a Spurs fan. I think they're boring and they all flop too much. And don't get me started on Bruce Bowen. But for them to come out and play a first half like they did speaks volumes for the kind of guys they are. Sure, LA won, and overcame a 20 pt deficit, but they were expected to take game 1 at home. All signs pointed to a blowout. The Spurs just finished a 7 game series against the Hornets who are twice the team as anyone the Lakers played in rounds 1 or 2. They also had to sleep on their plane which was grounded on the tarmac in New Orleans! I'm sure they had nicer accomodations than we would stranded on a plane but regardless 12 6-7 ft men sleeping on a plane can't be good for the legs. I look for the Spurs to take this series in 6 games. Maybe I'm a closet San Antonio fan (not a chance) or maybe I just dislike the L.A. Kobe's that much (yes, I do!), but for the Lakers to come out and play like that against a bunch of guys with 1 leg says something.
On another note...I watched the classic movie "Serpico" last night. One word-Fantastic! This was Al Pacino's breakout movie directly after he did the Godfather pt 1. A tremendous film. Also, I used to think Oreos were hands down the best cookie in the world...but Chewy Chips Ahoy are gaining ground very quickly!! Not so fast! Bye!

No comments: