31 October, 2008

World Series

It must be nice to be a fan of a team that wins.

I've never felt that satisfaction. It's always disappointment. Maybe that's why I'm so pessimistic nowadays. I always look or see the negative in most things. It's not something I necessarily like, but something I have no control over really. I hate to relate real life things with sports, but when you're as big a sports fan as I am it all seems to relate. Teams I'm a fan of and even teams I've been a part of have always had something go wrong. I'm a Purdue, Bears and Cubs fan. That should be enough explanation. Actually, being a Cubs fan should be enough. Anyway, I just want to be able to feel whatever it is that fans of winning teams feel. I'm not talking about Laker fans or Angel fans or anyone else who is a bandwagon fan of teams who win. I'm talking about the Boston/New England, Philly, St Louis, Indy, Green Bay...fans like that who wait and wait and finally get it done. Being a fan of the teams I am, you just come to expect failure. It's sad, but true...I should write a song called that...but that's just the reality. Maybe I'm making too much of this but I don't think so.
On another note...I just found a place that sells Whatchamacallits by the case...Best place ever!

BYE!!

No comments: